Climbing, running, skipping, jumping, exploring!
- This equipment can be turned into so many things; an office, a den, a shop, a vets even a space ship! We have cloths and making tools nearby so that children can re-invent this equipment as they play.
- Climbing through and over objects helps reinforce concepts about the features of shapes.
- Children will be involved in PSRN through their physical movements.
- This adventure play-equipment involves children in sensory experiences of pattern, shape, space and number.
- the outdoors can be an exciting, inviting place for everyone.
- Shapes in the environment. Counting stepping stones.
- One by one feet climb up the runners, some children can climb two at a time.
- Can you balance on the tallest one?
- We climb up numbers of steps and squeeze, slip and slide our bodies through spaces. Our whole bodies experience a world made up of mathematical elements.
Young children need to experience mathematical concepts through their whole bodies in practrical experiences that make sense to them.